You can log in to your NETGEAR router in two ways: with the Nighthawk mobile app or with an internet browser.
Log in your NETGEAR router with the Nighthawk app:-
- Download the Nighthawk app at nighthawk-app.com.
- Make sure that your mobile device is connected to your NETGEAR router’s WiFi network.
- Launch the Nighthawk app and log in together with your NETGEAR account.
Log in your NETGEAR router with a web browser:
- Launch a web browser from a device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1in the address bar. The router login window displays.
- Enter your Netgear router admin user name and password. The user name is admin. The password is that the one that you simply specified during setup. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
- Check the lights on the router. Hence if the power LED is blinking or showing red, then check the power connection.
- If other lights are fluctuating continuously, power cycle your router. Once done, check the cable connections.
- Verify that the Ethernet cable you are using is not loose or have worn out. Hence if you have another Ethernet cable, replace it with the one that is currently in use.
- Apart from this, make sure you are not typing incorrect login address. The correct login address is routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com.
As well, there are chances that the firmware of your router needs an upgrade. You can upgrade your firmware here – Netgear Router Firmware (https://routerloginnet.tips/netgear-router-firmware/) Update.
- For web browser-related issues, clear the folder files of cache and cookies. You can also try accessing the login page using another web browser.
- Check the internet connectivity on your device. They are no internet connectivity, restart your computer.
Still netgear routerlogin not working :-
- If you are using any proxy servers or VPN on your device, disable them. As well go to Network and sharing center and look for enabled VPN or servers. If there is any, click on disable option.
- Sometimes, you get routerlogin.net not working error because the pop blocker blocks the re-direction. They should temporarily disable the Pop-up blocker and check does it resolve the error.
- Apart from this, clear the DNS cache of the computer via the command prompt. As well open the command prompt program from Windows start button and type ipconfig/flushdns. Hit the enter key and you’re done.
- Last but not the least option is to use the IP address of your router instead of www.routerlogin.net. As well as the windows users, you can find the router’s IP from the left pane of “Network and Internet” section. The Mac users can check the Network tab under the “system preferences”.
Use Following troubleshooting tips for help with accessing your NETGEAR router:-
- Make sure that you are using the correct web address, user name, and default password.
- Web address: www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com.
- User name: admin
- Default password: password
If you see a mistake message when attempting to access routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net, visit the subsequent links for instructions on the way to clear your browser cache:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050Internet.
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17438/windows-internet-explorer-veiw-delete-browsing-history.
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/clear-your-browsing-history-sfri47acf5d6/mac.
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history.
Note: employing a different browser may additionally resolve your access error. For example, As well as you normally use Google Chrome, try accessing the router login page using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- Enter your router’s default IP address in your browser’s address bar. Note: First, try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Try connecting to your router in a different way. If you’re using WiFi, try employing a wired Ethernet connection. You can also try different wireless connections. For example, if you’re connected to the two .4 GHz wireless band, hook up with the 5 GHz band.
- Try employing a different device (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop).
- If you are connected to multiple networks at the same time (wired, wireless, VPN, or a corporate connection), you might not be able to access your router’s web interface. As well as disconnect from any additional Internet or VPN connections and only connect to your NETGEAR router.
- Temporarily disable pop-up blockers, firewalls, and ad-blocking software.
- Power cycle your router, modem, and connected devices (including desktops, laptops, phones, tablets, game consoles).
- If none of the above steps resolve your router access issues, perform a factory reset of the router
Note: After you perform a factory reset, any personalized router settings and configurations that you simply made are lost. Hence your router’s admin user name, admin password, WiFi network name (SSID), WiFi password, and security settings return to factory settings.
Following these steps after you perform a factory reset:-
- After factory resetting your router, log in in to your router using the default user name and password.
- Click ADVANCED.
- As well as under Router Information, make sure that your router’s IP Address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- To prevent further login issues, make sure that your firmware is up to date:-
- Click ADVANCED > Router Update > Check.
- 2. If new firmware is available, click Yes to update the firmware.
How I can get to the Netgear login admin page (routerlogin.net)?
Using routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com
- Open your web browser from a computer or smart device that is connected to your router network.
- Type routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com in the address bar.
- Press enter.
- It will open up a login authentication page with two field user name and password.
- The default username and password is admin and password.
- Enter credentials in the respective fields and press enter.
Change your router WiFi password or network name (SSID):-
- Launch an Internet browser and type http://www.routerlogin.net into the address bar.
- As well as enter the router user name and password when prompted.The default user name is admin. The default password is password.
- Click OK. The BASIC Home page displays.
- Select Wireless.
- Enter your new network name within the Name (SSID) field.
- Enter your new router password in the Password (Network Key) fields.
- Click the Apply button. Your changes are saved.
Note: Hence if your device disconnects from the wireless network, view the available wireless network again and enter the new WiFi network key or password.
How I can log in into my Netgear router using static IP address 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1?
If routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com is not able to give you access to login page then you can try accessing login page of Netgear router using static IP address 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1.
- Open your web browser and type 1.0 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- It will direct you to login authentication page, once you got an access to login page, you can use the steps mentioned above to login into your router using static IP address.
How to reset password on Netgear wireless router?
If you want to reset or update password of Netgear Router, you can use the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a web browser from a device or computer that is connected to your router’s network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net or routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Press enter.
- It will open up a login dashboard screen where you have to enter your login credentials.
- Enter the default credentials that are admin and password for your user name and password.
- Press enter.
- On the BASIC home page screen, select
- Enter the name that you want to use for network name in SSID (network name) text field.
- Enter the new password in the Password
- Click on the apply button.
Netgear router Reboot?
Sometimes rebooting your Netgear router can help you to resolve many performance issues. To reboot your Netgear router, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a browser on a device or computer that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net or routerlogin.net
- It will direct you to login authentication page.
- If www.routerlogin.net or routerlogin.net is not able to give an access to your login authentication page then you can alternatively type 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1.
- On login authentication page, fill up your credentials.
- The default user name and password is admin and password.
- If you have changed password of the admin then put the updated password.
- Enter credentials.
- Press enter.
- Netgear Genie displays.
- Under router information, click
- Wait for 2-3 minutes for the router to complete the reboot process.